Highlights include: 1995-W $1 Silver Eagle, 1792 Half Disme and 1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief
June 24, 2014, Irvine, Calif. – GreatCollections is pleased to auction a number of important coins, with bidding open now until Sunday, June 29th at www.greatcollections.com.
“Although we offer thousands of certified coins each week in our auctions, it’s always pleasing to auction coins of this caliber. The 1793 Chain Cent is of particular note, due to the quality that is rarely seen – these coins are generally collected for years and years before they are sold. It has been graded XF-40 by PCGS” said Ian Russell, President/founder of GreatCollections.
Other highlights include a 1792 Half Disme, 1916-D Mercury Dime, 1909-O Indian Half Eagle, 1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief and a superb 1866 Gold Dollar, graded PCGS MS-68 with CAC approval. In the territorial category, a Bechtler Proof Restrike is being offered. These rarely appear on the market, with the last public sale recorded in the same grade dates back to 2005.
Russell continued: “At the other end of the spectrum, we are offering a 1995-W $1 Silver Eagle graded PCGS Proof-70 DCAM. This coin was recently graded at PCGS and is being sold without reserve.”
In the world category, a low mintage Chinese coin is featured: a 1995 5 oz. Gold Unicorn, with a mintage of just 99 coins. It has been graded by NGC Proof-69 UC and comes with the original box and certificate of authenticity. In the 1990s when this coin was released, a U.S. company sold most of the coins to U.S. collectors, making it even more difficult for Chinese collectors to locate an example of this low mintage issue.
Highlights from the Sunday, June 29 Auctions:
- 1793 Chain Cent AMERICA PCGS XF-40 BN
– 1792 Silver Half Disme/Dime PCGS VF-Details
– 1794 Flowing Hair Half Dime LM-1 NGC AU-53 CAC
– 1916-D Mercury Dime PCGS MS-63 FB
– 1918/7-S Standing Liberty Quarter PCGS AU-55
– 1853 Seated Liberty Silver Dollar PCGS MS-64
– 1866 Indian Princess Gold Dollar PCGS MS-68 CAC
– 1807 Capped Bust Left Gold Half Eagle PCGS AU-55 CAC
– 1909-O Indian Gold Half Eagle PCGS AU-50
– 1907 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle MCMVII. High Relief, Wire Edge PCGS MS-64
– 1922-S Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle PCGS MS-64
– 1989-D Congress Bicentennial Silver Dollar PCGS MS-70
– 1995-W $1 Silver Eagle PCGS Proof-70 DCAM
– C. Bechtler Gold $5 Restrike PCGS Proof-65
– China 1995 5 oz. Gold Unicorn NGC Proof-69 UC with Certificate of Authenticity (#68 of only 99 Coins Minted)
To register to bid, view highlights or find out more information about the coins at GreatCollections, please visit www.greatcollections.com or telephone 1-800-44-COINS (1-800-442-6467).
# # #
GreatCollections is an auction and direct sale venue for PCGS, NGC and ANACS certified coins, as well as coins approved by CAC. GreatCollections handles each coin transaction from start to finish. For sellers, GreatCollections offers professional imaging for each coin, cash advances as appropriate, and other individualized services generally not available with the large auction houses and other websites, freeing the seller to do nothing except collect the proceeds of the sale. Buyers benefit by entrusting a venue whose principals have years of coin experience and whose reputations in the industry are impeccable.