Legend-Morphy returns to Las Vegas for its Dec 19th Regency Auction V
Headliners: The Flannagan Territorial Collection, The 1797 Collection, The Northeast Demolition Group
DENVER, PA – Legend-Morphy Rare Coin Auctions is headed back to The Venetian/The Palazzo in Las Vegas for their fifth Regency Auction and sixth sale overall. The auction will once again be held during the PCGS Members Only Show, with live bidding starting at 6 p.m. PT on December 19th.
Julie Abrams, president of Legend-Morphy, is confident that “The Regency Auction V will be one to remember. The number of fresh to the market coins is substantial and we are honored that Legend Numismatics’ longtime friend Phil Flannagan chose to consign his Territorial Collection to us.
The quality of these coins is second to none and we predict them to sell for record prices. The 1851 Humbert PCGS MS61 Slug is really like nothing we’ve ever seen.”
The Flannagan Territorial Collection includes:
- 1861 $2.5 PCGS AU50 Clark Gruber Ex Eliasberg
- 1861 $5 PCGS AU53 Clark Gruber Ex Eliasberg
- 1861 $10 PCGS AU58 Clark Gruber Ex Eliasberg
- 1861 $20 PCGS AU50 Clark Gruber Ex Eliasberg
- 1861 $20 Copper Die Trial PCGS MS08 Clark Gruber
- 1849 $5 PCGS AU53 Norris GN
- 1850 $5 NGC MS60 Moffat
- 1862 $10 Pike’s Peak PCGS MS62 Clark Gruber
- 1851 $50 Humbert Slug PCGS MS61 880
- 1852 $50 Assay Slug PCGS AU55 Ex Eliasberg
Legend-Morphy partner Laura Sperber went on to say that “although this incredible collection consists of only ten coins, each coin represents a significant piece of numismatic history. Even non-territorial collectors should make a point to view them.”
Another highlight of this sale is the 1797 Collection, an outstanding group of coins consigned to Legend-Morphy’s Regency Auction V by an exclusive customer of Legend Numismatics. Sperber claims “there are so many standouts in the collection that it’s hard for us to even pick a favorite.”
Highlights of the 1797 Collection include:
- 1842 1C Large Date PCGS MS66BN CAC N-6 Naftzger
- 1864 2C Large Motto PCGS PR65RD CAC
- 1909-O 10C PCGS MS66 CAC
- 1901 25C PCGS Secure PR68 CAMEO CAC
- 1899-S 50C PCGS Secure MS67 CAC Ex Dukor/Akers
- 1868 G$1 PCGS PR65 DCAMEO CAC
This exciting sale includes a number of other high end collections, many of which are either fresh to the market, or have been off the market for a number of years.
The Northeast Demolition Group: Although this group is only four coins, it includes three sensational 1893 Proof Gold pieces, and a GEM MS 1892 $2.5. These coins were recovered from the cornerstone of a building during demolition and have only been submitted for grading once.
The FF Legal Collection: A select group of superb $10 Indians from a collector who adores the series.
The Precious Collection: 19 high end patterns from a long time pattern collector with a fantastic eye.
The Golfer Collection: A small group of coins consigned to us raw by a collector. They have only been graded once.
The Railroad Collection: This small, high end group of Half Dollars was part of a Type Set being built by a very picky collector.
Just a few additional highlights include:
- 1856 3CS PCGS PR65 CAC
- 1916/1916 5C Doubled Die Obverse PCGS Secure MS63 CAC
- 1911 10C NGC PR69*
- 1839 $1 PCGS PR63 CAC
- 1852 $1 Restrike PCGS PR64 CAMEO
- 1875 G$1 PCGS MS64+ CAC
- 1871 $1 J-1148 PCGS PR66 RB CAC
- Complete original 1883 PR SET PCGS PR65-PR67 CAC
- Exquisite selection of toned Morgan Dollars
Legend-Morphy’s Regency Auction V features 375 carefully selected, high-end lots, so there will be many other great rarities to bid on. The sale is now live on the Legend-Morphy website, with the auction commencing at 6 p.m. Pacific Time at the The Venetian/The Palazzo, 3255 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Additional bidding methods include absentee, phone and live internet bidding via the Legend-Morphy website, www.legendmorphy.com.
Connect with Legend-Morphy on social media: