The August 25, 2012 Coin and Currency Auction, & Mail Bid of the Wisconsin Collection & others conducted by SONNY HENRY’S AUCTION SERVICE of Mendota, IL will be conducted at the Midwest Center for Christian Living Lasalle, IL. A nice mix of High Quality Coins. An excellent opportunity for the Discriminating Collector. Many with Eye Appeal and Beauty.
Highlights: Complete certified collection of Indian Cents, 1859 through 1909-S, including both types of 1886, all mint state except the 1877, which is a fine-12. Most are MS-63 to 64 red and brown, with a good original look. The collector who put this set together was patient, and had an eye for originality. Over 25 years assembling this collection. Many will upgrade. Some of the highlights include:
- 1865 NGC-64RB, nice light RB, with the look of a 65.
- 1870 NGC-63RB, a very attractive coin that has both a double die obverse and reverse.
- 1872 NGC-63RB, at least 50% red, with very good look and luster. Better than most MS-64’s out there.
- 1876 PCGS-64RB, good look with very few marks.
- 1877 PCI-12, VF details that was probably net graded due to its darker color.
- 1884 NGC-65RB, very attractive cherry red look with no marks and a good strike.
- 1908-S NGC-65Brn, good look with 80% red reverse. No marks.
- 1909-S NGC-63RB, old fatty holder, good luster and strike for this date, which is usually weakly struck.
For more information or to be placed on the mailing list for future auctions, write to SONNY HENRY’S AUCTION SERVICE, P.O. Box 416, Mendota, IL. 61342 Phone 815-539-6300, or www.sonnyhenryauctions.com