On the evening of Thursday, March 16, Legend’s Premier Session Internet Auction for March closed realizing at total of $373,368 USD. Strong bidding activity was seen throughout the 13 days that the sale was open. A good mix of coins were offered, including high-end bust half dollars, which again proved very popular in the sale. Other type coins saw strong activity - here are some highlights:
- Lot 13—1C 1877 PCGS MS64 BN . Estimated: $7,000; Realized: $9,350
- Lot 63—25C 1842-O Large Date. PCGS AU53 . Estimated: $750; Realized: $1,760
- Lot 66—25C 1911 PCGS PR66+ CAM . Estimated: $2,750; Realized: $3,740
- Lot 82—50C 1814 PCGS AU55 . Estimated: $4,000; Realized: $6,325
- Lot 87—50C 1834 Small Date, Small Letters PCGS AU58+ . Estimated: $1,000; Realized: $3,630
- Lot 124--$1 1878-CC NGC MS64 DMPL . Estimated: $1,750; Realized: $2,310
- Lot 139—Proof Set 1955 NGC PR69. Estimated: $1,000; Realized: $1,760
“The results show yet again that you do not need to have thousands of coins to have big results,” declared Julie Abrams, president of Legend Auctions. “Our boutique style auctions, which net strong results in our Regency Auctions, have translated into a great model for our internet only auctions as well—provide hand selected, high end quality coins with accurate photos and descriptions, and the bidders will show up in spades.”
Legend’s next Premier Session, closing on Thursday, April 6, is now closed for consignments and a lot listing will be posted to www.legendauctions.com shortly. Below is a short list of highlights:
- 1/2C 1811 PCGS VF35
- 1C 1868 PCGS MS65+ RB
- 1C 1892 PCGS MS65 RD -Eagle Eye Photo Seal
- 1C 1910 PCGS MS67+ RD
- 2C 1864 Small Motto. PCGS MS65 BN
- H10C 1794 PCGS XF45
- H10C 1843 PCGS MS66
- 25C 1869-S PCGS AU55
- 25C 1909 PCGS PR67+
- 50C 1880 PCGS PR66 CAM
- 50C 1942 PCGS PR68
- $3 1862 PCGS AU58+
- $3 1864 PCGS AU58
- 25C 1870 J-919. PCGS PR65+ Ex Eliasberg-Simpson
These and all the lots for the April Premier Session will be available for viewing at the Whitman Baltimore Expo, table 643, Thursday, March 30 to Saturday, April 1.
To consign to an upcoming Premier Session Internet Only Auction, contact Greg Cohen, Senior Numismatist, at (732) 935-1168 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact Julie Abrams, President, at email@example.com. Upcoming events will be in June, August, September, and November; minimum consignment value $7,500, with individual coins valued at $1,500 or more.
For more information, please visit www.legendauctions.com.
* * *
Legend Rare Coin Auctions (LRCA), based in Lincroft, NJ, is a boutique-style rare coin auction firm.
Connect with Legend Rare Coin Auctions on social media: