Kolbe & Fanning Announce September 26 Mail-Bid Sale of Important Numismatic Books
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers have announced their 130th mail-bid sale of important numismatic books, which will close on Thursday, September 26. The sale features over 600 lots of material on ancient, medieval, foreign and U.S. numismatics.
Some highlights include:
- An Original Set of the French Van Loon (lot 186)
- The Archiv für Medaillen- und Plaketten-Kunde (lot 116)
- Mechel’s 1776-78 Extraordinary Work on the Medals of Johann Karl Hedlinger (lot 204)
- Galster’s Danske og Norske Medailler og Jetons (lot 100)
- Alföldi’s Caesar in 44 v. Chr. (lot 4)
- J. Francis Fisher’s 1837 Description of American Medals (lot 459)
- A Complete Set of Mehl’s Numismatic Monthly (lot 516)
- Henry Chapman’s 1918 Jackman Sale, with Plates (lot 426)
- An 1879 Holograph Letter from A. Loudon Snowden on Electrotyping Coins in the Mint Cabinet Collection (lot 586).
Bids may be placed via mail, email, phone or fax. The illustrated catalogue has been sent to customers on the Kolbe & Fanning mailing list. A limited number of copies remain available for purchase for $15 postpaid. The catalogue also may be downloaded in PDF form from the Kolbe & Fanning website at www.numislit.com. For full bidding instructions, please see the catalogue and read the terms of sale.
For more information or to place bids, please contact David Fanning at email@example.com or (614) 414-0855. Thank you, and we look forward to your participation!