US Mexican Numismatic Association Announces First Annual Convention
I am pleased to announce our first annual convention which will be held Friday and Saturday November 2nd and 3rd 2012 at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort 6333 N Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Arizona.
The convention facilities include a main hall of about 2500 square feet and a meeting room of about 900 square feet. Both facilities are connected to the hotel lobby which contains a restaurant and bar area.
The bourse area will be open from 9am to 6pm both days. There will be three speakers each day in the meeting room from 10am to 4pm.
Speakers will Include:
- Richard Long A Life in Mexican Numismatics
- Phil Flemming Colonial 8 Escudo Cobs
- Mike Dunigan Roundtable Discussion of Republic 8 Reales
- Peter Dunham Historical Images on Mexican Currency
- Huston Pearson 20th Century Currency of the Banco de Mexico
- Elmer Powell Paper Money and other Collectibles of the Mexican Revolution
Dealers will Include:
- Mike Dunigan Company Fort Worth, Texas
- Paul Brombal Santa Barbara, California
- Mexican Coin Company Carefree, Arizona
- Huston Pearson Ennis, Texas
- Dave Busse- Coins of Mexico
- Robert Briggs Guadalajara Mexico
- Angel Smith Herrera McAllen, Texas
- Lois & Don Bailey Hemet, California
- Mark Clark San Francisco, California
- Stacks Bowers Irvine, California
- Angel Fregoso Guadalajara, Mexico
- Jed Crump Houston, Texas
- Baja Numismatics Albuquerque, New Mexico
We have arranged a special room rate at the Resort of $149 per night for members. Our block of rooms is limited so it is important that you make your reservations as soon as possible. The easiest way to make your reservation is to go to usmex.org and follow the links. If you are computer challenged you can make the reservation by calling the resort direct at 480 948-7750. Be sure to mention our group code of USM. Admission to the convention will be free to members, $5 to nonmembers and free to family members and kids under 15. The admission fee can be applied to a membership fee if you wish to join.
The weather in Scottsdale is excellent this time of year, with lots of activities, shopping and restaurants in the immediate area. The hotel provides a free shuttle to Scottsdale Fashion Square and local restaurants. The Phoenix airport is a fifteen minute taxi ride from the resort and Super Shuttle is also available.