Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers have announced their 129th mail-bid sale of important numismatic books, which will close on Thursday, July 18. The sale features selections from the library of renowned U.S. copper specialist Del Bland and other properties, and includes works on ancient, medieval, foreign and U.S. numismatics. It is perhaps most important for significant runs of U.S. auction catalogues.
The sale is composed of 660 lots of literature covering the entire range of numismatics. Highlights include:
- Del Bland’s remarkably fine complete set of Stack’s catalogues (lot 556)
- The complete Erbstein collection, bound with the rare 1911 Hess sale of Hermitage duplicates (lot 83)
- A complete set of Barney Bluestone catalogues (lot 253)
- A fine set of Fiala’s Katalog der Münzen- und Medaillen-Stempel-Sammlung des K. K. Hauptmünzamtes in Wien (lot 73)
- A rare plated Chapman catalogue of the Simpson collection (lot 354), among many other plated Chapman catalogues including Earle, Jenks, Gable, Sargent and others.
- Mayer’s rare bibliography of Islamic numismatics (lot 132)
- Del Bland’s impressive set of Hesslein catalogues (lot 433)
- Mehl’s Numismatic Monthly, complete (lot 484)
- Charles Elmore Green’s Deluxe, Photographically Illustrated Dunham Catalogue (lot 488)
- Ormsby’s Very Rare 1862 Harvest of Counterfeiters (lot 510).
Bids may be placed via mail, email, phone or fax. The printed catalogue has been sent to customers on the Kolbe & Fanning mailing list. A limited number of copies remain available for purchase for $15 postpaid. The catalogue also may be downloaded in PDF form from the Kolbe & Fanning website at www.numislit.com. For full bidding instructions, please see the catalogue and read the terms of sale.