* Review and discuss candidate reverse designs for the 2013 Ohio and Maryland America the Beautiful® quarters
* Review and discuss candidate designs for the Congressional Gold Medal honoring the Montford Point Marines.
* Review and discuss candidate designs for the Congressional Gold Medal honoring Muhammad Yunus.
* Other general business.
Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC)
Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC was established to:
* Advise the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, commemorative coins, Congressional gold medals, and national and other medals produced by the Secretary;
* Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with regard to the events, persons, or places that the Committee recommends to be commemorated; and
* Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012, from 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
United States Mint Headquarters
801 9th St. NW
Conference Room A, 2nd Floor
Washington, D.C. 20220
The CCAC meeting is open to the public. News media are welcome.