Marc Landry, Plant Manager, US Mint, Philadelphia
Interviewer: David Lisot
The United States Mint continues its efforts to create new and interesting numismatic collectibles. Marc Landry runs the plant at the Philadelphia Mint and is also Acting Associate Director of Sales and Marketing.
He describes the new Silver Eagle set available from the West Point Mint that contains a reverse proof coin and an uncirculated coin with an “enhanced finish.”
He also talks about a reverse proof gold Buffalo coin that will be available later this year. Learn about the challenges of striking these coins and how the creative process is used to bring these coins into reality.
Copyright © CoinWeek – May 2013
ANA National Money Show New Orleans
With its unique culture, rich numismatic history and eagerness to show its visitors a good time, New Orleans is the perfect host for the 2013 National Money Show. By day, enjoy all that the show has to offer:
- • The big bourse with an equally big inventory fit for the Big Easy
- • The signature Museum Showcase, featuring rarities from the Edward C. Rochette Money Museum and private collections
- • The Money Talks lecture series
- • The ANA Mobile Archives, where visitors can hold historical documents right in their hands
- • Hands-on educational opportunities for adults and kids
Find more news and video about coin and paper money collecting at: http://www.coinweek.com