By European Central Bank .....
- Fourth new banknote in ‘Europa Series’
- Enhanced security features to offer better protection against counterfeits
- Notes can be checked using Feel, Look, Tilt method
The new €50 banknote is now in circulation across the euro area as of 4 April.
The note is the fourth in the ‘Europa series’ of banknotes and offers enhanced security features. It is the same size and is similar in appearance to the existing note but includes a number of new security features. These features are also present on the previous notes from the series and can be easily checked using the ‘Feel, Look and Tilt’ method. They include:
- A portrait watermark of the Greek goddess Europa.
- Raised lines along the sides of the note.
- A shiny emerald color number.
- The portrait window as seen in the €20 note.
- A portrait hologram of Europa.
When you look at the banknote against the light, the window near the top of the hologram becomes transparent and reveals a portrait of Europa, and rainbow-colored lines, on both sides of the note. When the banknote is tilted, rainbow-colored lines appear around the value numeral and in the window on the back of the banknote.
Launching the Europa series
The new banknotes are called the Europa series because two of their security features contain a portrait of Europa – a figure from Greek mythology and the origin of the name of our continent.
The ECB has decided to permanently stop producing the €500 euro banknote and to exclude it from the Europa series. The other denominations remain unchanged: €5, €10, €20, €50, €100 and €200.
* * *
For further details on the new €50 note and the Europa series of banknotes, visit www.ecb.europa.eu.
World Banknotes Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|