Krause Publications Wins Numismatic Literary Guild Awards
IOLA, Wis. (Aug. 30, 2012) – Krause Publications newspapers, books and magazines brought home awards from the Numismatic Literary Guild the annual Bash held Aug. 9 at the American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money in Philadelphia.
Krause Publications awards included:
• Extraordinary Merit, One Coin Is Never Enough, by Michael S. Shutty Jr., Ph.D.
• Extraordinary Merit, Standard Catalog of World Coins, 1601-1700, 5th Edition, George S. Cuhaj, editor; Thomas Michael, market analyst.
• Extraordinary Merit, Unusual World Coins, 6th Edition. George S. Cuhaj, editor; Tom Michael, market analyst.
• Extraordinary Merit, U.S. Coins Close Up, by Robert R. Van Ryzin.
U.S. Commercial Numismatic Magazines:
• Best Issue, Coins magazine, May 2012, Robert R. Van Ryzin, Editor.
• Best Coin Article, “Gobrecht’s Dollar Originals Show Eagle Flying Upward,” R.W. Julian, Coins magazine, May 2012.
World Commercial Magazines:
• Best Column, “Mostly Copper,” Donald H. Dool, World Coin News.
• Best Paper Money Article, ”Now There Are Six: Rare Confederate Tome Discovered,” Fred L. Reed III, Bank Note Reporter, October 2011.
• Best Column,”Shades of the Blue and Grey,” Fred L. Reed III, Bank Note Reporter.
About Krause Publications
Krause Publications, a division of F+W Media, Inc., is dedicated to serving antiques, collectibles, outdoors, hunting, and numismatics enthusiasts with trusted content, industry news, and pricing information. Today, the numismatics includes books, ebooks, periodicals, events and online destinations NumisMaster.com and ShopNumismaster.com. The F+W Media portfolio offers books, ebooks, magazines, ecommerce sites, education, conferences and events, serving nearly 20 enthusiast communities.